Monday, November 30, 2009

My Heart is Full

Since Keeton was so active yesterday, they decided to take him this morning for another CT-Scan.   The test came back showing that the blood was gone, but had been replaced by other fluid.  They are going to monitor the fluid for the next couple of days to determine if they will need drain it.   Our prayer is that it drains itself.

Later in the day Keeton began to become agitated by his breathing tube. We had to hold his hands down until they were able to get the ok to remove him from the ventilator.  We were so excited for this milestone, then when we realized the security of the breathing tube was gone.  They have been giving Keeton breathing treatments to help clear his airways.




The highlight of my day was when we were able to hold Keeton.  It was intimidating at first with the wires, but I had been longing for this moment since we got here.  Nothing is better than to have your baby in your arms and to hold him close. I did share Keeton with Gerald.   It was great to see Keeton go "cannibal" on Gerald's nose again. 

Keeton was awake and alert for a couple of hours this evening. We are praying that as they ween him off his drugs he does not go through any withdraws and has a peaceful nights sleep. If things go well overnight, they are talking about moving us out of ICU tomorrow.

My heart is full from a great day.  Thank you Lord for your many blessings today!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Keeton for being so strong and I am very happy for the both of you Betsy and Gerald. You are doing a great job giving him support and working through such a difficult episode.
    Your friends at GFT are thinking of you all!

    TF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Glad we could share it with you over the phone! We will take each day as it comes and trust God to carry us with his strong hands.
    Casting the whole of your care (all of your anxieties, all of your worries, all of your concerns) once for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. I Peter 5:1 (Amp version)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to see you both with Keeton!!Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated. Our prayers are with you guys. Whenever I see Betsy's car; I say a prayer...that's at least twice a day. :)

    As Kim said, let us know if you guys need anything!! It doesn't matter what it is.

    CP

    ReplyDelete